Introducing (drum roll)----- HALIFAX

I recently took on a whole new hobby, building a website. I chose my home town as the subject as I thought it would be an easy subject to get myself involved with. One idea after another rattled around in my head and the ideas kept coming until they reached the jumbled state that the website now appears in. This blog will run alongside my website www.halifaxpeople.com . . It will be random Halifax pictures and stories, with references and explanations into my website motives and intentions.                                                                                                                                                 

 
People's park designed by Sir Joseph Paxton and presented to the people of Halifax by Sir Francis Crossley in 1857.
 
People love to recognise their past in old pictures and I have managed to collect or borrow a few and saved them on the website for anyone to reminisce.
 


 
King Cross with the Feathers pub formerly known as 'The Prince of Wales Feathers Inn'.
Anyone who enjoys visiting their past should pay a visit to the Brighouse 1940's weekend where you will find several stalls and events to take you back in time.
 






Comments

Popular Posts